Our church is 50 years old. It was built when there was a community centre in Harmans Water and there was less concern about making buildings easy for everyone to use.
What are we planning?
We would like to extend the building so that we can serve the community better by:
- extending towards the shops with a café facing the square
- adding extra rooms to make space for more activities
- making the building easier to use for people who find steps and stairs difficult.
We call this St Paul’s Community Hub.
As this is a project for the community of Harmans Water, we are inviting local people to help make it happen.
What will it cost?
The cost will be £1 million. We can apply for grants towards this cost, but first we need to show that we have made a good start at raising money. Our target is to raise £100,000 to begin with. After that, we will be able to make detailed plans and apply for grants.
What have we done so far?
We have raised just over £64,000 in donations, sales, events and sponsorship.
How can you help?
Do you have any skills, talents or time that you can give to our community? We are looking for people who can:
- join in our fund-raising activities
- arrange events to help raise funds
- support the activities put on by the church to help us reach our target.
- And have fun at the same time!
Who should you contact if you want to help?
If you have something to offer, whether skills, time or money, you can get in touch by:
- emailing email@example.com
- speaking to us on a Sunday morning or at any church activities in the week
- leaving a phone message on: 01344 304 626.
How can you contribute financially?
By shopping online through Give as You Live and choosing St Paul’s URC, many stores give us a small amount each time, at no cost to you. See: www.giveasyoulive.com/join/stpaulsurc
If you would like to donate, this can be done by clicking here or by speaking to one of the elders or helpers at any church event.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!